Now I'll show you how to do the reverse. Finding the equation when you have the diagram.
In this case -2x is the first part. 3x -4 is the other part.
So the formula is -2x (3x - 4)
Now we solve!
-2x (3x -4) = -2x (3x) - 4 (-2x)
= -6x^2 + 8x
Some common mistakes people make when multiplying polynomials by monomials is...
1. Forgetting to look at the signs. Instead of making a number negative, you make it positive and vice versa
2. You forget to multiply all the terms in a polynomial. This one is kind of self-explanatory. REMEMBER TO MULTIPLY ALL THE TERMS!
Okay people! Here's the homework.
- Read Pages 264 -268
- Check your Understanding 2 and 3
- Practise 0dd or even
- Apply All
- Extend 2 of 3
- And the 7.4 Green sheet we got ages ago.
- And last but certaionly not least... MANGAHIGH!!! We are in a Fai-To!!!
If you have questions please ask. If not, then I bid you adieu.
Oh yeah I almost forgot. The next blog person is......... ANA LOPENA