Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ana's Textbook Question

#16 2.3
Boris has 2 1/2 times as much cash as Anna.
Charlie has 3/4 as much cash as Anna, Anna has $25.60 in cash.
a) How much cash do the three people have altogether?
b) How much more cash does Boris have than Charlie?

a) First I converted the fractions into decimals..


Then I multiplied the decimal numbers by the amount of Anna's cash (25.60)
After I added my answers with Anna's amount of cash.
b) For this question I just subtracted the amount of cash Charlie had by the amount of cash Boris had.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Ana! I love your pictures, they were clear and I like the colours you used to signify which money was Boris' and which was Charlie's. I also like how you used colour for the important words. Next time, you should explain how you got 5÷2 = 2.5 and also with the other conversion. Also, you should explain why you multiplied the decimals by Anna's amount of cash. Otherwise, it was a great post! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete