Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2011

Glenn's Note Taking

Today in class were invited to be in a "FAI-TO"

We must go on Mangahigh and challenge Lake Air Interediate!!

Also we MUST comment at least 4 blogs!


In class Mr. Backe gave us square root questions.

When you want to find the square root you have to find the number that represents one side of a square. We could use one side because the length of one side is the same as all other sided, because that is what a square is.





The answer will be 5 because 5x5=25



Another question Mr. Backe gave us was....

The answer will be 4/7 because ....



I got 4/7 because I found the square root of 16 and 49.



The answer for this question is 0.12.

0.12x0.12=0.0144

The rule for multiplying decimals is to count the decimal places in both factors and that's how much decimal places you're going to have in your product.



The answer is 0.09x0.09=0.0081

Another Tricky question was....



THIS IS NOT A PERFECT SQUARE BECAUSE IT HAS 5 DECIMAL PLACES.

But if you punch this in your calculator you get 0.015811388


THIS IS ALSO A NON PERFECT SQUARE. IT ONLY HAS 1 DECIMAL PLACE.














THIS ALSO NOT A PERFECT SQUARE.


"0" doesn't matter is its at the end of the number of a decimal.

Another question Mr. Backe gave is ....







To find the answer you find the side length of a cube because, 4x4x4=64.






TODAY'S HOMEWORK!

Page 78 #2,4
Practice: 5 or 6, 7 or 8, 9 or 10, 11 or 12, 13 or 14.
Apply: Any 3

OH YEAH! DON'T FORGET TO GO ON MANGA HIGH! ALSO CHALLENGE..
Lake Air Intermediate

ALSO DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AT LEAST 4 BLOG.

I pick Alec Gargoles to be the new scribe.

10 comments:

  1. Good job Glenn. I like the pictures it's really clear, and the key words are in bold, very nice. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Glenn. This was really helpful since I wasn't here for the lesson. The explanations were very easy to follow and the pictures were very informative. The text formatting needs a bit of work, since some of the text that was meant to be beside the picture slides beneath it from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Gleen i like how you put picutures and the link for the site. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job Glenn! I like how you higlighted key words. I also like the link you put in your blog. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post Glenn. I like how you added pictures and this post was also easy to understand. I also how you made the key words bold. Thanks for also including the homework.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Glenn! I like how you added pictures for better understanding and how you bolded words that were important. You did a great job explaining things, great job. Next time, you should add more colour to make the post more interesting. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, Glenn. Thank you for putting up what you guys did in class since I was away. The explanations are easy to understand, as well as the pictures. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job, Glenn. This was very helpful because some people missed what you guys learned in class. The way you explained how to find the square roots is easy to understand. Maybe next time you should try to organize your pictures a little better so some text won't be right beside it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Job Glenn, If I didn't check the blog, I wouldn't know what to do since I went the the choral fest.. But after reading your blog and taking the notes down, I think I understand how to square roots decimals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Job Glenn. Good thing I checked your blog because if I didnt I wouldnt have understood. The pictures are really clear and easy to see. Also your blog is very neat and organized. The only thing I would say is to space out the blog a bit more.

    ReplyDelete